Bluetooth Stereo Audio SoC
IS2083 Bluetooth® Stereo Audio SoC Data Sheet
The IS2083 is a System-on-Chip (SoC) for dual mode Bluetooth stereo audio applications. It contains an on-board
Bluetooth stack, audio profiles and supports 24-bit/96 kHz high-resolution (Hi-Res) audio formats to enable highfidelity wireless audio. An integrated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) decodes (LDAC, Advanced Audio Codec (AAC),
and Sub-band Codec (SBC) codecs) and executes advanced audio and voice processing (wideband speech,
Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), and Noise Reduction (NR). This platform provides a Microcontroller (MCU) core
for application implementation via Software Development Kit (SDK) with debug support and a GUI (Config Tool) tool
for easy customization of peripheral settings and DSP functionality.
Note: Contact your local sales representative for more information about the Software Development Kit (SDK).
The IS2083 SoC is offered in a BGA package and contains in-package Flash, and is referred to as IS2083BM.
The IS2083BM supports Over-the-Air (OTA) firmware upgrade and controls the end-application via Bluetooth Low
Energy using the Microchip Bluetooth Audio (MBA) mobile app. Features
• • • •
• Qualified for Bluetooth v5.0 specification
– Hands-free Profile (HFP) 1.7, Headset Profile (HSP) 1.2, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) 1.3,
Serial Port Profile (SPP) 1.2, Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.6, and Phone Book Access
Profile (PBAP) 1.2
– Bluetooth classic (BR/EDR) and Bluetooth Low Energy
– General Attribute Profile (GATT) and General Access Profile (GAP)
– Bluetooth Low Energy Data Length Extension (DLE) and secure connection
Software Development Kit …